End the name-calling and tighten skin on your arms with a Renuvion™ procedure Flabby arms are so common that there are a host of slang names for the condition.
End the name-calling and tighten skin on your arms with a Renuvion™ procedure
Flabby arms are so common that there are a host of slang names for the condition. You may have heard them called bingo arms, bat wings, flying squirrels, goodbye muscle and reverse biceps. This problem becomes apparent when we extend our arms to the side and excess skin droops and swings as the arms move. If you are not genetically blessed with beautiful arms or regularly exercise your triceps and biceps, then your Frisco cosmetic surgeon has two procedures that can tighten skin on your arms.
The flabby arm affliction strikes both men and women, but women wear sleeveless shirts and dresses, so the problem is more apparent. Several factors cause this problem:
- Tricep musculature becomes loose.
- Lack of testosterone, which is related to muscle mass and strength.
- Excess fat stretches the skin.
- Skin loses elasticity over time.
Tighten skin on your arms with two cosmetic procedures
Alan Greenberg MD is double board certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery in breast, body and extremities and by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He’s familiar with this challenge faced by many women, particularly as they age. He offers two minimally invasive in-office procedures to tighten skin on your arms.
- Brachioplasty, commonly called an arm lift, is often performed following massive weight loss. A significant amount of sagging skin under the arms creates a wing-like effect. Liposuction can remove fat deposits, but our Frisco cosmetic surgeon must surgically remove the excess skin. He will create an incision from the underarm to the elbow. He’ll then stretch the skin, so it is tight around your muscles and excise the rest, creating a smooth, sculpted appearance.
- Renuvion™ for the arms is a new skin-tightening procedure for minor adjustments, and it is ideal when paired with liposuction. Our Frisco cosmetic surgeon can insert the Renuvion device into the tiny 6-millimeter holes used for lipo. The procedure uses helium gas to create a cool plasma effect that immediately tightens skin as it contracts, revealing muscles that have been hiding under excess skin. Even better, there is no scarring and the skin continues to tighten over two to three months and the effect lasts indefinitely.
Raise your hand if you want to tighten skin on your arms
There’s no need to worry about name-calling anymore. Just contact our Frisco cosmetic surgeon and the team at North Texas Cosmetic Surgery to talk about ways to tighten skin on your arms. You’ll be ready to slip into something sleeveless and the only thing you’ll be called is amazing.